Before you begin, ensure you have all of the proper tools.
You will need:
- Your replacement lamp assembly.
- A soft, non-abrasive cloth. Microfiber is recommended.
- A screwdriver.
Note: Important! Do not touch the lamp. Skin oils have been known to affect the longevity of your projector lamp since it can cause the lamp to overheat, leading to premature failure.
- Power down the projector, unplug power cord from the outlet, remove the power cord completely.
- Allow the projector to cool – approximately 1 hour.
- Locate the lamp compartment door, usually located at the bottom.
- Use your screwdriver to loosen the screws, then remove the the lamp compartment door.
- Carefully extract the lamp assembly detaching any attached wires, as necessary.
- Using your soft cloth of choice, dust out the lamp assembly compartment.
- Carefully place the new lamp assembly in the compartment, reconnecting any wires as necessary.
- Place the compartment door back on the unit and secure with screws – careful, not too tight!
- The last step in replacing your projector lamp is to reset your lamp hour timer. Please refer to your user manual for instructions specific to your device. If you require assistance with this, please submit a service request here. A member of our team will contact you within 24 hours of the next business day.