Please read the rules of power cycling before proceeding to the next steps.
To do a soft reset:
- Use the power button on the device to turn it off.
- Wait ~30 seconds, then turn it back on.
- If this does not solve the problem, continue with a hard reset.
- Some devices will have a switch you can hit (often located on the back). Hit the switch.
- If your device does not have this, you must pull the power cord from the power source, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, and wait a few moments while the device starts back up. You may need to press the power button to initiate this process.