Before you hit submit on this application, let us tell you why you want to be a part of the Hillman Audio Video team. We are one of Saskatchewan’s Youngest Audio-Visual Integration Companies and we continue to grow fast. We are PASSIONATE about providing amazing and custom solutions for our clients. We believe in adding value by helping our clients be more EFFICIENT with their communication. We are COMMITTED to excellence in everything we do. And finally, we take pride in our INNOVATION when designing solutions for our clients.
We are in the business of full-cycle audiovisual solutions, from concept to reality, by providing our client with design, installation, and ongoing maintenance.
We’re looking to add a new team member to one of our most important roles, the hands-on installation of our client’s systems. If you have a genuine interest in furthering your career in new technology, building systems, and construction, then we want to hear from you.
We’re searching for an experienced Low Voltage Technician and while we can’t promise it will be easy, we do promise it will be worth it! You get to:
- Believe in what you do every day and look back on a project to admire a job well done.
- Be a member of a workplace where you can contribute everything you have and be a vital part of its future.
- Do some critical thinking and come up with your best solutions while being supported by other specialized professionals.
- Be a team player.
This job might be for you if you’re prepared to:
- Load Equipment and travel to job sites locally and potentially all over Canada.
- Assemble, install, and service low voltage wiring & systems, such as:
- Video (Displays & LED walls, projectors & screens, digital signage & video routing).
- Audio (constant voltage speakers, amplifiers, mixers & digital signal processors).
- Surveillance (video recorders, security cameras & control stations).
- Networking (routers, switches, patch panels, wireless access points & data drops).
- Conference equipment (cameras, microphones, and paging stations).
- Invest in your ongoing training for industry knowledge and certificates.
So what do you need to do all of this? How about…
- Must be located in the Regina area
- High School Education
- 3+ years of experience in Low Voltage / Audio Visual installation
- Valid driver’s license, no criminal record, and a passport (active or the ability to get one).
- Ability to travel away from home for 2-4 weeks at a time.
- Ability to work at heights of over 30ft on ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Capable of consistently lifting 50 – 100lbs.
- Capable with hand & power tools such as impacts/drills, wrenches, screwdrivers, and levels.
- Capable with general computer/mobile app usage, email, etc.
- Proven leadership skills
And – we’d love if you’ve got any of the below as well:
- Experience in Installation, Technology, Construction, Electrical or Systems Integration
- CTS, CTS – I or EST certifications
- AWP, Fall Arrest, Ladder Safety, FLRA/Hazard Assessments, or First Aid certificates
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Customer-orientated attitude.
Some awesome perks to working at Hillman Audio Video:
- A competitive base wage commensurate with experience and certifications ($19.00-$27.00/hr) plus overtime
- Paid travel expenses & per diems when traveling out of the area.
- Progressive benefits programs, including health and dental coverage
- Professional Development and Uniform Allowances
- 3 weeks of paid vacation annually
- A fun group of people to hang out with and solve communication issues with
- Opportunities to learn, grow, and excel – We invest in our employees!
We don’t expect you to know everything from A to V – but if you connect with this exciting job opportunity, and believe you can integrate yourself as part of the team, please attach your updated resume when applying. We thank all applicants and we will contact you if selected for an interview.